Subject: Re: G4 (AGP) boots, but won't auto-boot
To: <>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/23/2004 00:12:55
> Unfortunately, I still can't auto-boot.
>
> When I set it up as described, and type "boot", it comes up.
> When I change auto-boot? to true, I get a solid white or black
> screen and an apparent hang.

I get the same thing. My colocated machine comes up fine with 1.6.2 (AGP
G4; upgraded over time from 1.6), but my new machine (AGP G4 with 1.2 GHz
7457) doesn't. I had been thinking that it was just an OF thing, but after
this, maybe not. This machine's going to be local, anyway, at least until
2.0 is usable, but I'd like to know why the screen doesn't come up, and
why the default font is ridiculously huge and slow.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be happy to try them.

John Klos