Subject: bootable CDs
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce ONeel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/18/2004 13:51:09
Hi,

I worked yesterday evening to make a bootable CD for my
clamshell iBook and I was 100% sucessful for one which
boots from OpenFirmware but was not sucessful for one
which could boot with the C key.

I was wondering if there was abug in the instructions at
www.netbsd.org/Documentation/bootcd.html where they
talked about the bootscript file.  After talking about
adding the .chrp extension to the hfsmap.lst file
I would have expected to have bootscript end in .chrp.
Either that or I'd expect that some other file would end
in .chrp, right?

Or is my mental model wrong.  My vague memories of
C booting required a blessed system folder with a file with a
particular mac type in it.

Thanks!

cheers

bruce