Subject: Re: bin/10686: rpcbind is brain-damaged
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/06/2004 14:05:45
David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org> wrote:

>       Just a thought - its not related to sequence number in RPC
>       packets? rpcbind could somehow think its seen a packet with
>       a very high sequence number and would refuse to serve anything
>       subsequent with a lower sequence number?
>       (I've not looked at the code so apologies if this is completely
>       irrelevant :)

No idea. I wasn't even aware that RPC had sequence numbers.
Adding printf everywhere suggests that rpcbind incorrectly gets some
information such as the IP address. bin/10686 proposes a hack to avoid
derefrencing a NULL pointer because of that, but in my case, rpcbind
still thinks it has requests from 0.0.0.0.

So maybe there is also something wrong with sequence numbers. That
program seems heavily broken, I miss the old portmap.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
Il y a 10 sortes de personnes dans le monde: ceux qui comprennent