Subject: Re: bin/10686: rpcbind is brain-damaged
To: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/06/2004 09:54:39
On Sat, 5 Jun 2004, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:

> It's even worse than that: once rpcbind corrupted its internal, it will
> not serve at all the given client. It's just blacklisted, ignored, or
> whatever you want.
>
> Now I have no idea what cause the problem. A packet loss might be a good
> path to explore. The switches in my compter lab are very weak, they
> loose many packets.

 	Just a thought - its not related to sequence number in RPC
 	packets? rpcbind could somehow think its seen a packet with
 	a very high sequence number and would refuse to serve anything
 	subsequent with a lower sequence number?
 	(I've not looked at the code so apologies if this is completely
 	irrelevant :)

--
 		David/absolute          -- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --