Subject: firefox and gcc 3.x
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/04/2004 01:45:48
so-oo, i don't suppose anyone has fixed the dirty reflexive-g++ stuff
in Mozilla for powerpc?  I'm talking about the
Stub100__14nsXPTCStubBase vs.  _ZN14nsXPTCStubBase[5,6,7]Stub100Ev
C++ name-mangling problem.

I tried using part of the gentoo Linux/alpha patch, and that patch
corrected the name mangling in the __asm__ stubs, convincing firefox
to build.  but it segfaults before painting a window.  I assume this
is because the C++ ABI changed in gcc 3.x, and the new name mangling
is supposed to warn me of the change, but i suppose the segfault could
be something else.

i mean, has anyone, on any powerpc, fixed this problem?  Where else
should I look for firefox/mozilla that works with gcc 3.x?  There
aren't any Linux patches for powerpc.

--
blue, orange, green, brown, slate.
blue, orange, green, brown, slate.