Subject: iBook G4 trouble
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/29/2004 22:47:33
Hi

I'm having little success with ab iBook G4.

Booting an install CD: the kernel boots, but the keyboard does not work.
dmesg reports it as an ADB keybard "mapped device 196". Something is
probably missing.

I'd like to investigate the keyboard problem, but in order to do that, I
want to netboot, so that I can quickly modify the kernel I use.

It won't work at all.

boot enet:,ofwboot.xcf loads the bootstrap from the TFTP server, but the
bootstrap is unable to load the kernel.

The machine keeps echanging INFORM/ACK messages with the DHCP server,
but no TFTP transaction is ever attempted to load the kernel.

I also tried
boot enet:,ofwboot.xcf enet:,netbsd

No luck.

Any idea?
--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
Il y a 10 sortes de personnes dans le monde: ceux qui comprennent