Subject: trouble installing 2.0_BETA
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Michael Wolfson <michael@nosflow.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/15/2004 18:52:52
Does no one else try these things before it's too late?

Trying the 20040510 snapshot on my PowerMac 7300 with an Adaptec 2940UW

When I boot netbsd-GENERIC_MD.gz or netbsd-INSTALL.gz it says:

[...]
ahc0 at pci0 dev 14 function 0: Adaptec 2940 Ultra SCSI adapter
: unable to map registers
[...]
erase ^H, werase ^W, kill ^U, intr ^C, status ^T
mount_mfs: Unable to determine file system size
Terminal type: [vt100]
uid 0, pid 14, command tset, on /: file system full

/: write failed, file system is full
[1] Segmentation fault  tset -s -m ":?${TERM}"

So, this messes up my whole plan since I wanted to install a kernel on
my small drive attached to the internal bus and the put the rest on the
large drive on my 2940UW bus.
When/why did adaptec support break?

netbsd-GENERIC.gz just gives me a DEFAULT CATCH on the PM 7300 and
doesn't boot.

The situation is a bit worse on my PowerBook G3 (FireWire), since
netbsd-GENERIC_MD.gz won't boot (it just gives a DEFAULT CATCH) and
when netbsd-GENERIC.gz tries to make an mfs for /dev it doesn't make it
large enough and runs out of room.  At least netbsd-INSTALL.gz worked
on my PowerBook.

And when did we get rid of dhcp network configuration in sysinst?
That's a step backwards.

So, which of these should I file PRs on and which can be fixed easily?

   -- MW, who's afraid to even try floppies or netbooting