Subject: Re: IDE card otrageously affecting system
To: Donald Lee <MacPPC@caution.icompute.com>
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@floodgap.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/08/2004 16:27:55
> Mar 11 23:27:40 grace /netbsd:  type: ata tc_bcount: 8192 tc_skip: 0
> Mar 11 23:27:49 grace /netbsd: pciide0:0:0: lost interrupt

I kept getting these too. Right now after twiddling with drive flags I
have it stable at Ultra/33 but this is a real drag as the drive is ATA/100
and the card is a /133! Moreover, I only have a single IDE disk.

Most of the errors I observed were on very long files, which unfortunately
happened to be my MySQL indexes. I also saw them on the very long webserver
log, and a number of them were unrecoverable. :-/

At the moment the beast is calm, and fortunately the backups were intact.

 Cameron Kaiser, Floodgap Systems Ltd * So. Calif., USA * ckaiser@floodgap.com
-- Even if you win the rat race, you're still a rat. --------------------------