Subject: iMac (DV SE) audio problems
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Lasse_Hiller=F8e_Petersen?= <lhp@toft-hp.dk>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/27/2004 14:37:47
I have built a new 1.6.2_STABLE kernel in which I have enabled awacs and
audio.
Now, I get noise, not very loud, but very constant, on the iMac
speakers. However that's all I seem to get, most of the time. When I try
to play a .wav file (containing the entirety of Dark Side of the Moon,
if that matters), I get nothing. Well, I still get the noise, at least.

I have found one file, nw-16.zip, in a sound archive
(http://www.filelibrary.com/Contents/Multi-Platform/61/44.html), which
contains a .WAV file that actually plays all right.
A few other files obtained from the same place give:
audioplay: failed to set audio info: Invalid argument

The final objective of course is to play an Audio CD. However, at the
moment, cdplay just doesn't, probably for the same reason that other
sound files won't play.

Does anyone have some sound advice to share, or should I resort to
waving poultry?
(Please pardon puns.)

-Lasse