Subject: Re: G5 vs. the bootloader
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Brian R. Gaeke <brg@dgate.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/24/2004 22:20:55
So far, it seems that I am running up against two problems:

1) OF_read() (called from hfs_read()) is failing to read the text
segment of the kernel off my hfs partition. My plan is to try
reading a kernel off a non-hfs partition, to rule out some kind of
bug in the hfs handler.

2) After typing in a kernel name, and getting the 'read text' error,
I get an 'Invalid memory access' exception.  This is why I am being
dumped back out into openfirmware.  %srr0 shows that ofwboot.xcf
is in __syncicache() trying to execute the 'dcbst' (data cache block
store) instruction.  I'm puzzled as to how I got all the way into
__syncicache() if loadfile() failed, so it is possible that it is
trying to dcbst an invalid address.

-Brian