Subject: Re: (newbie) binary packages, always need same version as system?
To: Peter Teunissen <oneman@oneword.demon.nl>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/09/2004 20:35:42
Hello,

> very newbie question:
>
> When installing some binary packages, I noticed that some packages are
> not yet available for version 1.6.2. Does this mean that I should wait
> or can I use  a version 1.6.1 package?

Only a modest amount of packages have been uploaded so far. I plan to
upload another batch, and now is as good a time as any; look in the next
12 to 24 hours (it takes a while to upload).

What package are you looking for? I can tell you whether or not it's been
built yet, and therefore whether it will be available when the upload is
complete.

John Klos