Subject: wsconfig for keyboard on iBook
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Rudi Ludwig <rudihl@gmx.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/07/2004 22:47:37
Hello,

i am setting up NetBSD 1.6.1 from an ISO-CD to run on an iBook.
Its a G3 @ 500 MHz with  8 MB-ATI-Graphic  from late 2001.

To get the Keyboard working with the german-layout I seem out of
luck. From the hints found here nothing seams to work as described.

I asume something is basically mis-configured, since at boot
wsconfig dumps the following when initializing the Terminals 1 to 4:

wsconscfg: WSDISPLAYIO_ADDSCREEN: Cannot allocate memory
wsconscfg: WSDISPLAYIO_ADDSCREEN: Cannot allocate memory
wsconscfg: WSDISPLAYIO_ADDSCREEN: Cannot allocate memory
wsconscfg: WSDISPLAYIO_ADDSCREEN: Cannot allocate memory
wsconscfg: WSMUX_ADD_DEVICE: Device not configured

The kernel is custom compiled from 1.6.2 sources. Despite the SUN-
Terminal Option, which seems obviously wrong, I didn't find anything
I could alter and that would make a difference for the console.

The console workes with US-layout only, no Terminal available since
they cannot be started by wsconfig. I can start XFree with the german
keyboard option which alters the available keys, e.g. y <-> z , but
leaves "less,greater,bar" completely unconfigured- that's a key that
does not exist physically on the US-layout-.

What could be wrong? Your insight, highly appreciated.

Rudi