Subject: Re: netbsd/macppc 1.6.2 on motorola starmax 4160 does not boot
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Gruber <matthias.gruber@wolnet.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/31/2004 09:44:54
hello,

just in case someone is interested...

i got this partly solved.

the batterie was empty (< 2V)

i had a lot of typos in my config logs, now it is:

change open firmware values
    setenv auto-boot? false
    setenv load-base 600000
    setenv real-base F00000
    setenv input-device kbd
    setenv output-device ATY,264@11
    reset-all

boot netbsd installer from cd :
    boot ata/atapi-disk:0 NETBSD.MACPPC

test boot command:
    boot ata/ata-disk:0 netbsd

change open firmware values for autoboot:
    setenv auto-boot? true
    setenv boot-device ata/ata-disk:0
    setenv boot-file netbsd
    reset-all

this was for ide-hd, for scsi hd connected to internal scsi it is:

dev /  ok
dev scsi  ok
ls
FF8346D8: /sd@0,0
FF8352C0: /st@0,0

test
    boot scsi/sd:0 netbsd

open firmware:
    setenv boot-device boot scsi/sd:0
    setenv boot-file netbsd
    setenv auto-boot? true

i can't get working an adaptec aha-2940 mac controller (it has firmware
4.1). installation is possible, but it does not boot. after

boot /bandit/ADPT,2940UW/disk:0 netbsd

i got two types of error:

    can't OPEN: /bandit/ADPT,2940UW/disk:0
and
    Unexpected Sequencer Interrupt! (crash!)

bye,
    matthias