Subject: Re: My mac woes [was: Re: Kernel hangs]
To: Staffan Thomen <duck@multi.fi>
From: None <vincent@labri.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/23/2004 12:55:36
Staffan Thomen <duck@multi.fi> wrote:

> [...]
> Also note that X expresses a (WW) over a fixed-up memory allocation
> misalignment (I don't have the exact string at hand atm, can be given
> upon request) and also crashes rather frequently, invariably if I run a
> window manager.
>=20
> Both systems run -current snapshots of 20040317, (1.6ZK).

Please update arch/powerpc/oea/pmap.c to the latest version. It should ta=
ke care
of the random core dumps. (or wait for a newer snapshot)

I had a lockup yesterday evening but it was "just a classical pagedaemon =
lock"
which other ports seem to experience, too.

Could you please provide a backtrace of a new lockup after you have updat=
ed your
system?

Thanks!
 Aymeric