Subject: Re: Kernel hangs
To: None <vincent@labri.fr>
From: Charles M. Hannum <abuse@spamalicious.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/21/2004 19:15:16
On Sunday 21 March 2004 01:39 pm, you wrote:
> Selon matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>:
> > i am testing...i'll let you know how it goes.  you may be my hero!  i've
> > been having this problem for 2 or so years!  (ever since my G4 arrived.)
>
> Gah. My iBook just hanged, you can put your G4 back in the cellar. :-/
>
> I guess the fix I committed only takes care of the random coredumps
> problem. This would be consistent with the fact that it restores something
> which was broken on nov 21st, 2003.

FWIW, my G4 cube was running quite well for a long time, until I upgraded in
October.  It started crashing occasionally (like once a month), but I've
never seen "random core dumps" or "hanging."  Haven't looked into the causes
of the crashes, because it resets back into the PROM and leaves no useful
debugging info.  :-/