Subject: Re: Keyboard not recognized during installation
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: George Coulouris <george@capybara.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/19/2004 10:27:24
On October 11, 2003, Nick Vanderweit wrote:
> I have been meaning to install NetBSD 1.6.1 on my late 2001 Apple iBook.
> Only problem is, when I boot from the install cd, everything looks fine
> until it asks for my terminal type. Then, I can't give any input. Any ideas?
> It worked fine when I tried to boot the 1.6 cd.

I have the same experience with 1.6.2 on my 17" iMac; I get something like

uhub0: device problem, disabling port 1

and then I cannot enter anything at the terminal type prompt.

Happens with the stock apple keyboard as well as my HHKL2 [1].

Are there any workarounds for this? Can someone make a -current iso?

[1] http://shop.store.yahoo.com/pfuca-store/haphackeylit1.html