Subject: netbooting rev C iMac without NFS and ofwboot?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@college.dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/16/2004 18:31:51
	Is there a reason this shouldn't work? I don't have an NFS server
on my network. Why is ofwboot.{xcf,elf} trying to connect to portmapper to
find the kernel on NFS? What's wrong with sending it out over tftp?
Anyway, I unzipped netbsd-GENERIC-MD.gz on my tftp server, renamed it to
netbsd.macppc and did boot enet:,netbsd.macppc

0 > boot enet:,netbsd.macppc
CLIENT: blah
SERVER: blah
ROUTER: blah
Transfer FILE: netbsd.macppc |
TFTP-actual=3923428 TFTP-adler32=3074472678 load-size=3923428
adler32=3074472678

CLAIM failed
 ok
0 > _

	The same thing happens with netbsd-INSTALL ungzipped. Does
everyone set up an NFS server just to netboot an install kernel?

--
The nice thing about Windows is - It does not just crash, it displays a
dialog box and lets you press 'OK' first.