Subject: Re: Oops: pciide0:0:0: lost interrupt
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/12/2004 22:20:59
> I'll check into the power supply issue.  I actually removed the
> CD-ROM and floppy drives to compensate somewhat for the "extra"
> drive, but I believe that the Beige should handle the load OK.

> I don't have the right kind of equipment to accurately measure
> ripples and dropouts in my power supply output of [this kind], so
> beyond some crude measurements, and removing the internal disk for
> testing, I can't really determine whether this is really caused by PS
> "weakness".

If you want to verify, drag out a separate power supply and plug the
disk in question into it, so it's completely off the machine's main
power supply.  (Yes, this is generally safe to do; electrically, it's
basically the same as putting the disk in an external enclosure.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign