Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.6.2 on 17" PowerBook G4?
To: Anthony Chavez <acc@anthonychavez.org>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/10/2004 22:11:41
At 4:22 PM -0700 3/9/04, Anthony Chavez wrote:

>Has anyone successfully installed this?   The Web site states that
>support was added around the time of 1.6-current.  Is it safe to assume
>that 1.6.1 and higher runs on this platform?

While occasionally changes are back-ported to the 1.6.x, there is no
guarantee, and I personally have no knowledge about the 17" TiBook
changes.

1.6 -current is a development version of 2.0, so it is actually
"newer", feature-wise, than 1.6.9 if/when that were ever released.
Even when the -current snapshot date is older, the 1.6 -current has
features that are not in 1.6.x.

HTH
Mike
--