Subject: Re: getting a 9500/120 to boot?
To: netbsd-macppc <port-macppc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Riccardo <rollei@tiscalinet.it>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/05/2004 16:38:04
Daniel Eggert wrote:

> Maybe...: I remember having some luck booting off a 1.5.2 CD. Check the
> guide, that I refer to. You need to set the boot-file to something like
> "abcdefg". This gives you an oportunity to swap the 1.6.2 CD in after
> /Daniel

Help!!

I got the 1.5.2 iso and tried booting that. I get the same identical
error....

Since now desperation begins to creep in... I tried what someone lese
here suggested. Taking out some ram modules.
I took out all my precious ram modules leaving but one (thus also
disabling interleaving). The original that was shipped with the mac. I
also took out ethernet cards, etc.

Now I can't get it to boot! The mac does only "bong" and I can't get
something on the display or on the serial line! I tried pressing the
magical button on the m-board... nothing.
Bong should mean that at least I didn't fry the CPU taking it out right?

(opening a 9500 is not a nice process...)

I was confident to read soon my mail with mutt than with outlook
express, but it is getting a real mess here.
-Ric