Subject: Re: 1.6.1 install on iBook G3
To: Axel Scheepers <ascheepers@vianetworks.nl>
From: Axel Scheepers <ascheepers@vianetworks.nl>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/18/2004 23:12:16
----- Original Message -----

> > My guess is it should print some errors when it receives stuff it can't
> > handle for whatever reason?
>
> Hmm....
>
> I do notice in openprom font (very small compared to the kernel output),
> partly overwritten by the kernel output, the following message:
> ...-kdb-handle> not found, ihandle=ffbc8780 phandle=ff930d98 method
> <`adb-kdb-ihand...
> Unfortunatly, it's cut off on both ends.
>
> Any ideas?

I just booted Linux to get some more information on the keyboard, here it
is:
dmesg output:
zion:/proc axel$ dmesg | grep -i adb
adb: starting probe task...
adb devices: [2]: 2 c4 [3]: 3 1 [7]: 7 1f
ADB keyboard at 2, handler 1
Detected ADB keyboard, type ISO, swapping keys.
input1: ADB HID on ID 2:2.c4
input2: ADB HID on ID 7:7.1f
ADB mouse at 3, handler set to 4 (trackpad)
input3: ADB HID on ID 3:3.01
adb: finished probe task...

a HID? Linux seems to treat it as an usb keyboard as far as I can tell.
Hmmm.. does this mean that it has to be used like this or should I be able
to use it with the netbsd adb driver?
I can't find any relevant info in the /proc directory, there's only
/proc/sys/dev/mac_hid which has some options in it. (including the
..sends-linux-keycodes I have to set)

This is confusing. :-&

gr,
Axel