Subject: Re: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Peut-=EAtre_pouvez-vous_m'aider=3F?=
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Derek Peschel <dpeschel@eskimo.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/09/2004 18:53:10
I thought a French speaker might translate this or respond,
but no one has (unless someone e-mailed Giles), so I will do my best.
Mac OS X is not on topic, but someone might choose to help Giles anyway.
I don't know anything about this problem.  I did find

http://eshop.macsales.com/OSXCenter/XPostFacto

after a quick search (to learn a little about the structure of XPostFacto).
It's in English.

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 12:37:49PM +0100, fresloc wrote:

> Re: Peut-être pouvez-vous m'aider?
"Can you possibly help me?"

> Je possede un Power Book G3 serie WallStreet 233 boosté avec une carte
> PowerLogix BlueChip, donc il tourne à 466Mhz

"I own a WallStreet series 233 MHz PowerBook G3, upgraded with a
PowerLogix BlueChip card and therefore running at 466 MHz."

> L'installe Apple de Panther est refusé pas de port USB résident.

"Apple's Panther installer fails due to the lack of a resident USB port."
(I think)

> Je viens de faire l'installation de Panther avec un utilitaire
> XPostFacto qui je pense doit modifier la nvram...

"I just installed Panther with a utility called XPostFacto which
I think needs to modify the NVRAM."

> J'ai de problèmes de vidéo, de redessinement etc.... et je pense que
> cela vient de la NVRAM.

"I have video problems, refresh problems, etc.... and I think they
stem from the NVRAM."

> Je ne parvient pas a réinitaliser celle-ci, les commandes
> reset-nvram<Return> ne fonctionne pas?...

"I can't manage to reinitialize the NVRAM; the command reset-nvram<Return>
doesn't work?..."

> Je me demande même si celle-ci n'est pas écrit par le boot XPostFacto a
> chaque lancement de MacOsX?

"I'm even wondering if the NVRAM is written by the XPostFacto booter
each time Mac OS X starts?"

> Ça fonctionne très bien en Mac Os 9...

"Things work very well under Mac OS 9..."

Dois-je d'ailleurs modifier ce truc...

"Must I change this thing in some other way?" (I think)

> Bref une aide sera la bien-venue..

"In short, help would be welcome..."

> Salutations...

"Greetings..."