Subject: Re: Latest deal on -current?
To: Alex Zepeda <zipzippy@sonic.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/26/2004 13:22:45
--UKNXkkdQCYZ6W5l3

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 12:08:35PM -0800, Alex Zepeda wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 09:51:33AM -0800, Bill Studenmund wrote:
>=20
> > What they have been. Though it looks like the change hasn't gone in yet.
>=20
> 400000 and F00000.

For 2.X and 1.x OF, I thought we recomended 600000 for load-base. But that=
=20
shouldn't matter for this..

> > The loading issue only impacts kernels over 5 MB. Shrink your config do=
wn=20
> > to less than that. If you still have troubles loading, its a different=
=20
> > problem.
>=20
> Well my tweaked config file yields a kernel under 3mb, the generic kernel
> from releng yields a kernel just under 5mb, both with the same result.

Then you have a different problem. This issue is that the loading kernel=20
will overwrite ofwboot.xcf while it's being loaded. The load of course has=
=20
issues with this. :-)

Take care,

Bill