Subject: Re: Latest deal on -current?
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: Alex Zepeda <zipzippy@sonic.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/25/2004 19:26:45
On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 11:36:42AM -0800, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> cvs co. ofwboot.xcf should be built just right.
>
> One of the tricks of the latest change is that you don't need to change
> your load settings. With real-base at f00000, you should load fine.

So with the latest ofwboot.xcf and generic kernel what should the {real,load}-base
variables be set to?

I haven't been able to boot a current kernel in quite a while.  I thought it was
related to the ide driver changes a while ago.. I've tried with home compiled
kernels and snapshots from releng... but is there anything more specific I can
provide to assist tracking this down?

FWIW the machine in question a Beige G3/266 OFW 2.01, netbooting off of a PC
running FreeBSD-current.

- alex