Subject: Re: XFree 4.3 on -stable?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Anselm R. Garbe <anselmg@t-online.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/21/2004 20:41:45
On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 09:03:59PM +0000, Aaron W. Hsu wrote:
> > working. Or at least XFree 4.2 with framebuffer XServer -
> > but fbdev or afb don't work with:
[...]

> I assume you know also that the framebuffer is really picky about Href
> and Vref from what I understand. I used to use it when I used OpenBSD,
> but I haven't tried it on NetBSD yet. <http://open.bsdcow.net> has an
> XF86Config file and setup instructions for an iBook 600, with Refresh
> rates and everything, I don't know if that's what your are looking for,
> but it might help you, I couldn't get it to work with mine, I don't know
> what this error is.

Dito. I know this stuff of the openbsd-cows. But I've no flicker with
Xmacppc after exiting X - only the background gets black and the
foreground white (the border looks like the stuff that was on the root
window).

But does someone knows, what have to be done to get ati or radeon
drivers working?

Regards,
    Anselm
--
Anselm R. Garbe  <>  GPG fingerprint: 3977 C88E F5F3 97CA 8AD9
 www.ebrag.de    /\    NetBSD/x86      6DD7 74CE 2A7A 0D73 F361