Subject: Re: XFree 4.3 on -stable?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: None <anselmg@t-online.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/20/2004 10:31:51
Aaron W. Hsu wrote:
> I'd like to know
> > if there're any hints about running XFree 4.3 on this?
> >
> > I'd give it a try this night.
> >
> Is there a significant advantage to having 4.3? If there
> is, then I
> would get to work on it as well, with my little iBook
> 600. Is there
> anything greatly improved about it?

Well, your iBook has a Rage 128 Pro which works fine with
XFree 4.2. Mine has a Radeon M7500 which don't works
with XFree 4.2. By the way I've also problems with
Xmacppc's keyboard mapping which seems to be fixed to
US-only keyboards. Currently I remap nearly all keys with
xmodmap, but this won't be an issue if XFree 4.3 would be
working. Or at least XFree 4.2 with framebuffer XServer -
but fbdev or afb don't work with:
Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Card0"
        Option      "PanelWidth" "1024"