Subject: Re: PowerMac 6500/250 Install troubles
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: rian <rian@thelaststop.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/17/2004 14:08:40
After lots of experimenting I found that the problem wasn't my hardware
at all. The problem lies with the default 1.6.1 NetBSD MacPPC kernel.

I replaced the kernel in my ATA Hard Drive with the Install Kernel used
in the boot floppy and then booted in OF using:

boot ata/ata-disk@0:0

Luckily the Install kernel booted successfully and natively from the
hard drive, but this poses yet another problem.

I assume that there is some type of bug in the default 1.6.1 MacPPC
kernel that wasn't caught and wasn't tested on the PowerMac 6500/250.
I'm going to see if i can build a smaller custom kernel and see if that
boots.

Anyone with similar trouble?
-rian