Subject: Re: macppc port "unstable" in -current
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Martin J. Laubach <mjl@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/06/2004 21:22:31
|  I've been seeing similar issues, mostly kernel lockups,
|  with 1.6ZG on a G4 1GHz.

  "Mee too". I think there is an open PR from me which probably
has the same cause.

  The symptoms I'm seeing are either:

  - random core dumps (sh, sed, awk during package builds)
  - complete lockups (I can get to ddb, and it always has a similar
    stack trace, something with memcpy() in it -- so it sounds very
    much like a cache invalidation that doesn't happen and the same
    page is brought in again and again, or something similar)

  I can pretty much reproduce the "system hangs" scenario by doing
a make build -- and I have disabled X so it's possible to get into
ddb. If someone can walk me through what I should do, I'm game...

	mjl