Subject: Re: Installer segfaults on a beige G3
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: None <richard@uclinux.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/19/2003 10:55:16

> > - sound driver
> > - onboard ethernet packet loss
> > - damned slow local tcp/ip traffic (10...20kbytes7sec)
> > - bad support for additional r128 pci card
> > - doesn't work with 1.6Zsomething at all
> doesn't sound so good... especially the packet loss & happy traffic

Use a cheap PCI network card like I did...
then you get also 10/100MBit/sec (o;
But for netbooting you need onboard ethernet...

Got sound working for 1.6.1...but only output...

> If I don't succeed I'll stick with Debian... runs fine although I have
> had some troubles to get it booting... damned buggy OF's

Thought once to replace it with u-boot bootloader...but this would
mean too much work (o;

i386 is the best platform for NetBSD anyway...also runs perfect
on 32-bit sparc machines (where linux is also crap on it ;o).

rick