Subject: Instruction cache, data cache invalidation
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Soju_Varghese <Soju_Varghese@Satyam.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/11/2003 10:52:23
Hi,
	I am doing a benchmarking code for ppc assembly instruction set.
This code is  executed n number of times for finding out the time taken for
the execution. I was able to done it successfully. But after each execution
my requirement is to inavlidate the instruction cache and data cache, the
assembly instruction "icbi " for instruction cache flush and "dcbf" for data
cache block can be used according to the documentation. These instruction
requires the address of the instruction cache and data cache respectively.
How can we find the instruction cache address and data cache that particular
program. Is there any sample code available. I am running the program from
the user mode and not the kernel mode. My ppc is using MPC7450. can u please
help me in any manner.

Regards
Soju
is appreciated.