Subject: 1.6.1 or 1.5 install on s900?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Sigizmund G. <sigiz@hotmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/17/2003 19:02:41
Hi.
I got stuck at some problems trying to install 1.6.1 (or 1.5, later) on my
200MHz Umax s900.
First of all, i cannot redirect output from serial to my video card (PCI
IMS,tt128mb) in OF.
dev / ls gives that vor my video:
/bandit@F2000000/IMS,tt128mb@E.
None of what i tried (including the full statement above) worked - i still
got output to the serial console. However, input-device was set to keyboard
without any problems.
OF is version 1.0.5.

After that, giving it up till some better time, i switched to install
itself.
Booting from floppies (two made from given images for 1.6.1, or one mostly
the same for 1.5, or one fat16 with ofwboot.xcf and netbsd.ram.gz copied
from 1.5) gives the same result of deadlock with the last words in console:
zstty0 at zsc0 channel 0.

Here i'm stuck for now. any ideas?

In fact, there is a third question - where did they hide that CD drive on
scsi-bus 0 ID 3? i probed nearly all locations on scsi and scsi-int and got
no more than some "can't open the DIR device". show-children command returns
"DEFAULT CATCH!" in scsi and scsi-int. in macos it works perfect.

wbr,
/quad