Subject: ofwboot.xcf, continued
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/15/2003 19:32:32
Hi,

I'm interested in looking at -current on a now local macppc machine, but
while I can boot the install kernel and do a full install (releng,
20031112 build), I cannot boot the current kernel afterwards.

OF_open bootpath=scsi/sd@0
read stage 2 blocks: 0123456. done!
starting stage 2...

>> NetBSD/macppc OpenFirmware Boot, Revision 1.7
>> (autobuild@cs20.apochromatic.org, Thu Nov 13 12:45:49 UTC 2003)
no active package4551004+281616 [224576+197973DEFAULT CATCH!, code=FFF00700

Open Firmware, 1.0.5
To continue booting the MacOS type:
BYE<return>
To continue booting from the default boot device type:
BOOT<return>
 ok
0 >

Is this related to other people's problems with ofwboot.xcf?

I want to try out -current because I am still seeing otherwise solid
systems lock up when the amount of backlogged network connections on
Apache is too high. I wish I could be more specific, but it's hard to
duplicate locally 30 - 40 Mbps of web traffic and 250 Apache daemons all
writing simultaneously. My 333 MHz iMac just doesn't seem to be able to do
it on its own.

http://www.sixgirls.org/traffic.html

Also, I might have some more details if I could ever get a macppc machine
to give me a crash dump. Is anyone willing to try to help me get a
crashdump clue?

John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Las
--
As a result of the war, corporations have been enthroned and an era of
corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country