Subject: Re: OpenFirmware & XFree on a 7300
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Andreas Drewke <andreas_dr@gmx.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/07/2003 17:08:18

> > Rather, XFree86 works just fine on your 7300...it just can't control
> > the built-in framebuffer. Throw in a PCI video card & XFree works
> > just fine ;).
> >

> Yeah sure...
>
> Throwed in a ati rage 128....mmap error...
>
> Can't even boot with it set as active display in OF...
>

> rick

I have exacly this MMAP error too on a ATI Rage 128 and on a Voodoo3.
Somebody needs to track the problem down, it is for sure a bug or missing
code in the NetBSD MacPPC.

But I could both use them for OpenFirmware output, although the Voodoo had
some Endianness problems...

Anyway, I have no monitor on my 7300 now in order to tell you exaclty what
variables I set, but I can tell you it works.

Regards
Andreas

--
www:drewke.net/icq:175089452