Subject: Missing backslash
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Mark White <mjw@celos.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/30/2003 11:45:26
I'm trying to install NetBSD on a recently-acquired 1998
iMac.  Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to type
backslash in open firmware, which is rather crippling for
the boot process.

Backslash works fine in MacOS 8 on the machine; it continues
to not work if I put a different (apple) keyboard on
instead.  Backslash (and the pipe character above it) both
produce spaces when pressed (or at least, they look and
behave syntactically like spaces).  I haven't seen this
problem on other machines, and can't find any reference to
it (forgive me if I've missed an obscure FAQ).

I know this isn't specifically a NetBSD problem, but any
thoughts would be very welcome.

Mark <><