Subject: Re: g3 tower sound with 1.6.1 (o;
To: None <richard@uclinux.net, port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Alex Zepeda <zipzippy@sonic.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/26/2003 12:02:57
On Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 09:07:13PM +0200, richard@uclinux.net wrote:

> This is just the value I see with audioctl -a -> play.gain=240

Yeah, that could really read zero just to throw you off.

There are two functions of interest.

The function that takes the SGS volume and converts it to NetBSD scale (get).
The function that takes the NetBSD scale and converts it to SGS volume (set).

The first always returns 240 for both channels right now.

The second always sets it to one off 100%.

The code that sets the SGS volume is already there, all that needs to be done is
the proper conversion.

mixerctl will also show you want you want.. in a more concise manner.

> Nothing attached to the mesh controller...

Hmm.

> cd0 at atapibus0 drive 1: <MATSHITA CR-587, , 7S14> type 5 cdrom removable
> cd0: drive supports PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2
> cd0(wdc1:0:1): using PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2 (using DMA data transfers)

> I can grab the cvs sources again and compile a kernel...

What date was your 1.6ZD kernel from?

I have a rev A board (OF 2.01f) with Rage II, zip drive (scsi), cd-rom, and Opti
USB card....... I wonder if the two boards have different IDE controllers or
something.  Hmm.

- alex