Subject: Re: broken ahc support in -current?
To: Michael Wolfson <michael@nosflow.com>
From: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/24/2003 14:43:27
On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 11:36:32AM -0700, Michael Wolfson wrote:
> Everything used to work fine with a Feb 2003 era kernel.  sd0 is on an
> Adaptec 2940UW and sd1 is on mesh.  I'm also wondering why the SCSI
> disk on the mesh controller gives (now sd0 since there's no
> adaptec-based scsibus) "sd0: fabricating a geometry" when the disklabel
> has always been fine before.
>
> From a working kernel:
> ahc0 at pci0 dev 14 function 0
> ahc0: interrupting at irq 24
> ahc0: aic7880 Wide Channel A, SCSI Id=7, 16/255 SCBs
> scsibus0 at ahc0: 16 targets, 8 luns per target
>
> From -current non-working kernel:
> ahc0 at pci0 dev 14 function 0: unable to map registers

I don't know about macppc, but my sparc64 is booting and using a 2940UW
(+OFW), and I've used one in my alpha (although not booted from it) and
never had any problems. 1.6ZD on all machines here. So it sounds to me like
a macppc-specific problem, or one I haven't hit yet because my kernels are a
few days old...

-Sean

--
/~\ The ASCII