Subject: -current on 12-inch PowerBook G4 1GHz
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Nicolas Ollinger <Nicolas.Ollinger@lif.univ-mrs.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/21/2003 23:44:49
Hi,

New 12-inch PowerBook (those DVI with a 1GHz G4) fail to boot -current.

* The big picture:

I first tried NetBSD 1.6Z snapshot kernels from the main ftp site.
Both INSTALL and GENERIC_MD lead to the same problem :
when init asks for the Terminal type [vt100], my keyboard do not
respond.

Then, I cross-build from cvs source -D 20031017-UTC, building from
darwin
with Apple Developper Tools GNU suite. I configured a kernel with DEBUG
and ADB_DEBUG options. Same problems as before : no keyboard response.

As for reading boot messages (is there a mean to log them?) :
- pm_adb_op complains about a missed interrupt ;
- akbd0 detects a unknown keyboard ID : 196 ;
- wdc0:0:0 got a lost interrupt.

Keyboard problem persists if I remove wdc and apm stuff from config
file.
I was unable to set up macofcons to test the kernel without akdb.

Ideas and roadmap to solve this are welcome!

* Details:

@ cvs source tree from -D 20031017-UTC

@ cross-build from Darwin using the following command-line :

env SHELL=/bin/sh HOST_CC='cc -no-cpp-precomp' ./build.sh -U \
-D $BASE/dest -O $BASE/obj -R $BASE/release -T $BASE/tools \
-m macppc release

@ unable to log startup messages.

Cheers,
N.