Subject: XFree Problems on PM7300/Voodoo3
To: NetBSD/macppc List <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Nat Friesen <natfriesen@shaw.ca>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/19/2003 17:13:06
Hi all,

I managed to get NetBSD 1.6.1 installed from CD on my Power Mac 7300
(with a G3 upgrade and Voodoo3 graphics card). I'm having trouble
getting X windows running. I've tried configuring with xf86configure and
XFree86 -configure and a little bit of tinkering with the XF86Config
file but nothing seems to work. My video card appears to be recognized
properly (X tries to use the tdfx driver), but it always fails with:

xf86MapVidMem: could not mmap screen [s=10000,a=a0000] (Invalid argument)

According to http://news.gw.com/netbsd.ports.macppc/10001 maybe there's
a bug? Sorry I'm a newb so if that's what it is I still need someone to
explain things a bit =).

Any help is appreciated,

--
Nat Friesen