Subject: Re: NetBSD on G3 tower
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: None <richard@uclinux.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/18/2003 10:57:59
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 06:08:49PM +0300, richard@uclinux.net wrote:
>
> > > open netbsd: Unknown error: code 13
>
> I believe with that configuration, and please correct me if I'm wrong as
> I'm using bootp+nfs to netboot my G3 (OF 2.01f).. but it will look for a
> kernel with the name 'ofwboot.xcf' unless you tell the loader otherwise
> (i.e. change your config file to point at netbsd and then use boot
> enet:ofwboot.xcf).
>
> - alex

Well...I was able to install NetBSD finally on my G3 tower...

Followed the instruction from:

    http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-macppc/2003/06/05/0000.html

Which should be changed from:

    setenv boot-file netbsd

to:

    setenv boot-file

Seems it automatically uses "netbsd" for the kernel name.

Installing with "xbase" produced a core dump then...
So reinstalling without them solved the next problem (o;

Finally it didn't set "rc_configured" to YES although it didn't
complain about anything during the final install.

Had to do manually:

    fsck
    mount -a
    mount /usr
    export TERM=vt100
    vi /etc/rc.conf

Can I now just manually untar the x11 stuff?

rick