Subject: -current doesn't boot (still)
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Alex Zepeda <zipzippy@sonic.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/14/2003 00:29:45
Beige G3, 266mhz, CD-ROM, ZIP, 4GB HDD, OF 2.01f.

Netbooting from a FreeBSD/x86 server, root on the local IDE disk.

Current as of the 26th (or so) of Sept failed to boot as the kernel stopped (no
panic) after probing the first IDE channel.  With sources from the last successful
release (28 Sept?) as seen on releng.netbsd.org..  I get the same thing.

So I thought maybe it would be worth updating to today's sources.

Now it won't even get that far.  It hangs after the 'waiting for scsi devices to
settle' message is printed.

With that said, has anyone tried using SATA devices on their Macs?

I've had someone offer me an Adaptec 1210 + SATA disk.. current problems aside,
are there any problems (like with the Promise controllers) running such a
controller on a mac?

- alex