Subject: Re: power management support
To: James Whitwell <jamesw@au.yahoo-inc.com>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/13/2003 20:57:46
James Whitwell <jamesw@au.yahoo-inc.com> writes:

> Is power management supported on macppc?  Specifically, I'd like to be
> able to put the machine to sleep, and wake it by hitting a key on the
> keyboard.  Is wake-on-lan supported at all?  I'm not really up to
> speed on NetBSD's apm support.

No. There is no sleep or hibernation support. All you can do is query
the battery status.

(APM is a PC BIOS-level interface for power management; it doesn't
apply to Apple hardware. The battery stuff goes through the
*userlevel* interface to APM mostly because it was there and nobody
was up for the hassle of inventing a new battery-status interface).

        - Nathan