Subject: Re: ibook hardware support
To: Jaka Jejcic <keks@kibla.org>
From: Peter Hessler <phessler@theapt.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/12/2003 14:19:49
On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 22:52:17 +0200
Jaka Jejcic <keks@kibla.org> wrote:

:On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 09:07:48AM +1300, David Friggens wrote:
:> * Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com> [2003-10-08 23:58]:
:> > Jaka Jejcic <keks@kibla.org> writes:
:> > > I'm just about to buy a used ibook and going to make it run NetBSD,
:of course.> > > How much of the ibook is still unsupported? Does anyone use
:a similar> > > machine and could tell me which parts won't work?
:> > > the ibook in question is november 2002 model ibook 700 with cdrom and
:16 mb> > > radeon 7500
:> > built-in audio and power management are the big missing things.
:>
:> The modem doesn't work either, if that's important to you. It's a
:> software modem, but there's a binary driver for Linux.
:
:
:Modem would be nice but audio is a must. Power management I don't really
:miss, although hybernation (is this part of the power management?) is also
:a definite must.
:

Hybernation is part of power management.  WRT audio: I use an iMic, which
provides USB audio.

:How far am I?
:
:Let's say audio driver can be more or less easily ported from Darwin, but
:does anyone have a working hybernation on their iBook?
:

To the best of my knowledge, the only person working on PM on macppc, is
Dale Rahn, from the OpenBSD project.  Feel free to correct me, as lack of PM
on my TiBook sucks.

:jj
:
: