Subject: Re: i386 Terminal doing Serial Console
To: Daniel Bolgheroni <dbolgheroni@uol.com.br>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/11/2003 16:18:09
Hi,

> > That's the problem. I live in a little, little city, and yes, there are some
> > local stores here. But these stores are i386-only sellers and these guys
> > don't even know what I'm looking for, nor BSD. I'm buying from Mercado Livre,
> > a eBay affiliated located in Brazil.

> Of course if you already have a cable that plugs into the Mac, and a cable that
> plugs into your PC... you could just hobble together a proper cable.  This would
> be the cheapest route for sure.

If you have a PC 9 pin to Mac round serial cable, and it doesn't work
directly, then the PC only local store should have a null modem cable and
/ or gender changer to get it working. I use a Mac cable that was meant
for connecting a serial Palm Pilot with a null modem cable, and it works
fine.

John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs