Subject: Re: i386 Terminal doing Serial Console
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Bolgheroni <dbolgheroni@uol.com.br>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/11/2003 11:01:34
On Friday 10 October 2003 23:30, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> There is no parallel port in what you describe.
>
> Also, ignore the parallel port. You only want to use serial cables.

Hmmm... Maybe you're right.

> Do you have a local computer store? If so, buy one of:

That's the problem. I live in a little, little city, and yes, there are some
local stores here. But these stores are i386-only sellers and these guys
don't even know what I'm looking for, nor BSD. I'm buying from Mercado Livre,
a eBay affiliated located in Brazil.

I will look for a good store.

> 1) "Mac serial printer" cable. This is the Imagewriter or Laserwriter
> cable John mentioned. It is wired by default as a null-modem cable. It is
> appropriate to hook one mac to another.

I have more than one macppc machine, and this should be a lot easier than
finding the cables and adapters below. But I'll keep trying.

> 2) A mac modem cable, a null modem, and a PC modem cable.

I didn't understand how these cables and adapters are connected.

macppc <- mac modem cable - null modem - PC modem cable -> i386 (?)