Subject: Re: Booting an iMac after installing 1.6Z
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew A Kolb <muk@msu.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/08/2003 10:30:25
Ryan La Riviere writes:

> On 10/7/03 3:11 PM, "Matthew A Kolb" <muk@msu.edu> wrote:
>
>> I simply installed macos 9 on to the hfs partition, and copied
>> ofwboot.xcf from the install media to the hard drive (not the
>> desktop).
>
> How do you get a hfs partition and the ffs partitions?  Drive Setup in OS 9
> and disklabel don't seem to get along (or see what the other has done).

What I have done in the past is this:
Boot OS9 install cd.
format drive with partitioning tool that comes with os9.
I create multiple partitions, one mac hfs, an AUX Root, AUX Swap,
AUX Usr

then, to install netbsd, you must drop into a shell from the installer,
disklabel /dev/wd0 to get a list of your partitions, newfs the partitions
to be used with netbsd (/dev/wd0a, /dev/wd0g) then go back into the
installer, and choose re-install sets.

that should get you on your way, i believe.

./muk

--
m. kolb  <muk@msu.edu>