Subject: Re: Dual Boot on recent bi-G4
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Xavier HUMBERT <xavier.humbert@xavhome.fr.eu.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/01/2003 20:36:04
Michael Wolfson <michael@nosflow.com> wrote:

> > OF 3 machines have the ability to change boot disk (or even partition)
> > by holdign down the option- (or alt-) key during start up. Does NetBSD
> > support this? If not, what is lacking?
>
> No, it would need some magic.  Most of that magic is detailed in the
> snag-key boot CD creation HOW-TO:
>
> http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/bootcd.html

Well, if I unnderstand that correctly, creating a small bootstrap
partition, with a "fake system" containing the CHRP magic script will
allow to choose Partitions an OSes at boot time ?

XAv
--
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety (Ben. Franklin)