Subject: Re: Problems with current
To: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
From: Alex Zepeda <zipzippy@sonic.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/08/2003 01:11:19
On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 06:32:10PM -0700, Chuck Silvers wrote:

> > With FreeBSD I ran with WITNESS and INVARIANTS, what options would provide
> > similar functionality?
>
> since you hit an assertion, I can tell you've already got DIAGNOSTIC on,
> which is more or less the equivalent of INVARIANTS.  netbsd doesn't have
> an equivalent of WITNESS yet, but that wouldn't help here anyway.

Ah, but the beauty of INVARIANTS is the truly huge amount of assertions and
warnings it enables.  Any ideas on where to procede from here or if a backtrace
wouldn't help... what would?

Usually what happened was that the system panic'd while trying to shutdown
postgres.  Once I tried to kill apache (prompted me for a password) and it fell
over.

- alex