Subject: Re: Better late than never: revamped INSTALL notes
To: Alex Zepeda <zipzippy@sonic.net>
From: Michael Wolfson <michael@nosflow.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/07/2003 14:46:42
At 12:31 PM -0700 9/7/03, Alex Zepeda wrote:

:)Doesn't recognize a few of the command line options (ambiguous this and
:that),
:)and as such it won't create an ISO image.

What about the syntax from the boot CD HOW-TO?
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/bootcd.html

:)It won't find children of the IDE controller (in my case the CD-ROM drive or
:)hard
:)drive).  When that happens I can boot into MacOS via 'bye', but any explicit
:)boot
:)command (such as 'boot ide0/disk@0,0' to boot MacOS or 'boot ide1/disk@0,0'
:)for
:)the CD-ROM) failed.

Weird.  Does anyone else see this problem?  Can you set boot-device to
*anything*, or does it have to be a valid boot-device?

This is on OF 2.0.x, not 2.4?

:)Netbooting works great... I just wish I could load the bootloader and kernel
:)via
:)tftp.

Sorry, NFS only.

BTW, you might want to set your mailer to wrap to 80 or less columns.

  -- MW