Subject: Re: Better late than never: revamped INSTALL notes
To: Michael Wolfson <michael@nosflow.com>
From: Alex Zepeda <zipzippy@sonic.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/07/2003 12:31:31
On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 10:18:17AM -0700, Michael Wolfson wrote:
> At 9:24 PM -0700 9/6/03, Alex Zepeda wrote:

> Not work in what sense?

Doesn't recognize a few of the command line options (ambiguous this and that), and
as such it won't create an ISO image.

> :)On my system (OF 2.0.1f) the OF shell wouldn't enumerate the IDE devices
> :)unless I set boot device to something (in my case I
> :)set it to the CD-ROM drive).
>
> I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.  Do you mean it won't list
> the files on the device, unless the device is explicitly defined in the OF
> boot-device variable?

It won't find children of the IDE controller (in my case the CD-ROM drive or hard
drive).  When that happens I can boot into MacOS via 'bye', but any explicit boot
command (such as 'boot ide0/disk@0,0' to boot MacOS or 'boot ide1/disk@0,0' for
the CD-ROM) failed.

Netbooting works great... I just wish I could load the bootloader and kernel via
tftp.

- alex