Subject: Re: Better late than never: revamped INSTALL notes
To: Alex Zepeda <zipzippy@sonic.net>
From: Michael Wolfson <michael@nosflow.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/07/2003 10:18:17
At 9:24 PM -0700 9/6/03, Alex Zepeda wrote:

:)Yes, the mkhybrid command needs to be updated (I think).
:)
:)Whatever version that was supposed to work with, it doesn't for me (mkisofs
:)2.0.3 (i386-unknown-freebsd5.1)).

Not work in what sense?

:)Also, there should be a mention of how OF 2.0x (and maybe others) doesn't
:)handle ISO versions properly, so unless you create
:)an ISO image without file versions, you'll need to append ;1 (or whatever
:the
:)appropriate version is) to OFWBOOT.XCF to get
:)it to load from the CD.

D'oh.  Good point.

:)On my system (OF 2.0.1f) the OF shell wouldn't enumerate the IDE devices
:)unless I set boot device to something (in my case I
:)set it to the CD-ROM drive).

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.  Do you mean it won't list
the files on the device, unless the device is explicitly defined in the OF
boot-device variable?

  -- MW